Share Canvasworks with your friends and family.
Duane Smith Canvas Works, Inc
VOSB - Veteran Owned Small Business
PO Box 247
245 Cokato St E
Cokato, MN 55321
Toll Free: 844-223-8148
Copyright 2012 | All Rights Reserved
Connect with us
Boat Canvas Tips
In order to keep your boat canvas looking new and effectively protecting your boat, here are some tips and tricks:
- Only use your cover for its intended use. Do not use any cover that is not made for outdoor winter storage as an outdoor winter storage cover. Unless specifically designed to handle the snow loads and winter conditions, they are more likely to have issues when used as outdoor winter storage covers. Any cover used for outdoor winter storage that is not specifically designed for outdoor winter storage will have its warranty voided.
- Never powerwash a boat canvas. It will remove the finish on the canvas, shortening the effective lifespan of your cover. No soap should be used for the same reason. They will begin to mold almost immediately.
- Wash your boat canvas gently with a soft brush and clear flowing water.
- Don’t store your boat canvas under trees or in the shade, it promotes mold growth. Mold grows on dirty surfaces.
- Never ever roll your boat canvas up and leave it on the floor, it attracts mice. Tie a rope around it and hang it from the rafters.
- Make sure your cover is clean and dry before storing it. Wet and dirty covers are prone to developing mold.
- Repair any holes or tears right away.
- Use tie down ropes, not bungee cords. Cords allow the cover to jump up and down wearing the canvas and the boat.
- Snap on covers don’t last as long due to the pressure put on the small snaps, this makes it imperative that you replace any broken snaps right away.
- Many textile manufacturers have specific care instructions for their fabrics. Be sure to follow their instructions. You can find the care instructions for Top Notch here on the Marlen Textiles website and Sunbrella's care instructions here on their website.
By following these tips you will get the most out of your boat canvas. Please don’t hesitate to call or email with any questions or concerns email@example.com or 320-559-0165.
Canvasworks is your premier canvas and metalwork one-stop shop in Minnesota serving the greater Twin Cities area and beyond. Quality craftsmanship is our forte and we specialize in custom projects. Whether it be an awning, boat canvas, SnoCaps Trailer Enclosures, upholstery, dog training products, hunting blinds, or industrial projects we can do it!