Share Canvasworks with your friends and family.
Duane Smith Canvas Works, Inc
VOSB - Veteran Owned Small Business
PO Box 247
245 Cokato St E
Cokato, MN 55321
Toll Free: 844-223-8148
Copyright 2012 | All Rights Reserved
Connect with us
Awning Care Tips
In order to keep your awning looking new and make it last as long as possible, here are some tips and tricks:
- Your awning will benefit from regular light cleanings, using a soft brush and clear flowing water. There is no need to scrub hard, you’re just get surface dust and debris off of the awning. You will want to remove any debris, especially acidic bird droppings, from your awning as soon as possible to avoid stains or color fading.
- Never powerwash an awning. It will remove the finish on the canvas, shortening the effective lifespan of your cover. Only gentle soap or a cleaner recommended by the fabric manufacturer should ever be used on your awning. Harsh cleansers and brushes will remove the finish on your fabric and can cause mold to form much more quickly.
- For any fabric awning you should follow the fabric manufacturer’s instructions for re-treating. You can find Sunbrella's instructions here on their website.
- Keep trees, bushes, and banners from touching your awning. Wind will cause these objects to rub against the awning, causing premature wear and tear.
- If you have a laced style awning and notice that water is starting to pool, address the situation immediately. Water pooling can stretch material further and cause staining.
- When working above your awning it is best to remove it while the work is being completed. Paint can be almost impossible to remove and a dropped tool can create a rip or hole in the awning that will need to be repaired.
- Consider sign placement above your awning carefully. Signs will often drip and cause staining on the awning, especially if any of the sign parts are prone to rust.
- Repair any damage to your awning immediately. Even the smallest rip or tear can turn into a very expensive fix if the wind gets ahold of it.
By following these tips you will get the most out of your new awning. Please don’t hesitate to call or email with any questions or concerns firstname.lastname@example.org or 320-559-0165.
Canvasworks is your premier canvas and metalwork one-stop shop in Minnesota serving the greater Twin Cities area and beyond. Quality craftsmanship is our forte and we specialize in custom projects. Whether it be an awning, boat canvas, SnoCaps Trailer Enclosures, upholstery, dog training products, hunting blinds, or industrial projects we can do it!